THE MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 8th JANUARY, 2019 IN THE KEN STAINER SUITE AT DURLEY MEMORIAL HALL, DURLEY AT 7.30 p.m.
4 Parish Councillors, the Clerk – Mrs Anne Collins, District Councillor Miller and 2 parishioners were present.
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE: Apologies were received from CC Humby, DC Mclean, Cllr Bartlett, Cllr
Smith and Cllr Clegg. Apologies were received from Kirstie Baines and Nick Apps after the Meeting.
- ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST UNDER THE CODE OF CONDUCT. There were no
Declarations of Interest made.
- THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING HELD ON 11th DECEMBER, 2018 WERE READ CONFIRMED AND SIGNED AS A CORRECT RECORD.
- MATTERS ARISING:
(a) Table/Seat for The Sawmills Green and report on approach to businesses – Cllr Bartlett was not at the Meeting to give an update.
(b) Enquiry made to the Forestry Commission regarding Church Copse Report due by 12.12.18. Clerk read out the response from the Forestry Commission stating that they were waiting to hear back from the CPS. A resident gave Parish Councillors more information so this will be passed onto the Forestry Commission.
(c) Update on Broadband questionnaire for Durley residents on website – Cllr Pitter/Andy Burton/Clerk and Jon from the website Company are going to meet to set up the questions to put on the Survey Monkey. It is hoped that David Ashe (Chairman of Upham PC) might be able to help with the questions.
(d) Response from WCC regarding Parking Conditions at The Sawmills. Clerk has received a response from the Planning Department confirming that there were no Conditions put on the Planning Application regarding parking. DC Miller offered to look at the problem and see if “residents only” parking could be imposed, or any other restrictions.
- COUNTY COUNCILLOR’S REPORT: CC Humby. There was no Report available. DC Miller did say
that the Dragon Patcher is coming soon to repair pot holes.
- DISTRICT COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS: DC Humby, DC Miller, DC Mclean. DC Miller gave the District Council Report and he stated that the Sports Centre building will commence in mid-March and it is anticipated that finances will break even in 40 years. Outline Planning Permission is being sought for the Station Approach regeneration. Funding has been applied for to build more Council houses at Knowle and £100,000 has been approved for the car park at the Jubilee Hall in Bishops Waltham.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION ITEMS BY INVITATION OF THE CHAIRMAN. Two residents who attended the Meeting informed Councillors of tyres which have been dumped in Church Road and comments were made about the general litter in the lanes of Durley. The lay-by opposite the Church is also targeted for anti-social behaviour and litter. The Police will be informed so that they can visit the lay-by during the evening.
(a) Draft Licensing Policy for Consultation – sent via e-mail. There were no comments made.
(b) Draft Statement of Principles for Consultation – sent via e-mail. This was noted.
- SCHOOL REPORT: Grants for crossing and lights – Clerk reported that she has asked for CIL Funding to be considered. WCC advised that HCC should be asked, but when Clerk asked they have spent all their CIL Funding for this year so referred the Clerk back to WCC. Clerk is waiting for a response from WCC. DC Miller offered to investigate CIL Funding so Clerk will send on details to him. Laminated speed signs have been printed and will be delivered to the School shortly.
- NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH REPORT: Cllr Watts reported that scams pretending to be from the HMRC and BT are the most prolific ones at the moment.
- HIGHWAYS REPORT: Cllr Pitter said that pot holes have been reported. Clerk said that Calcot Lane is to be closed on 10th January. Village Entry signs update – Andy Burton has been in touch with HCC to ask if the agreed signs are acceptable. When a response is received an order will be placed. The kerb has been dropped at Beech Corner after a request from the Parish Council.
- FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS: Councillors agreed invoices presented by the Clerk and signed cheques as agreed.
- HALL: Hall floor progress – confirmation of Grants and funding available. Clerk reported that she has secured Funding for £16,000 towards the cost (comprising £10,000 Lottery Funding, £1,000 County Councillor Grant, £3,000 from a donation, £2,000 from Durley Entertainments Committee). Clerk will also approach the BW Rotary to see if they will contribute. Councillors agreed that the work should now be programmed in the Hall diary and a date set. The cost is £21,080 and if no other funding is available then the Parish Council will pay the remaining £5,080. Clerk will arrange a Meeting with the Contractor and Hall Committee to agree terms and conditions. Fencing alongside field – no quote has been received yet from the land owner. Update on repair/replacement of solar panel on roof – Cllr Pitter, Clerk and Neil Ellen are meeting representatives at the Hall to consider our options. It is hoped that the present system can be repaired.
- RECREATION GROUND: Cllr Watts reported that access is still being gained by an unauthorised entrance. Peter will be putting in a shrub and fencing as suggested by our Solicitor. Clerk will ask for this to be done as soon as possible. Repairs to veranda outside of Pavilion – this will be done as soon as help is available. Fencing alongside swings in the Sawmills Play Area has been completed.
18/02747/HOU. Mr and Mrs Gamblin. Single and two-storey side extension, enlarge front porch. Northside, Stapleford Lane, Durley. Councillors agreed that drainage in this area is a big consideration and we would not wish to see any development that would cause additional flooding issues in this area. A comment will be made so that drainage is a major consideration.
18/02373/HOU. Mr & Mrs Evans & Helesfay-Evans. Single storey front and rear extensions. New Strathcona, Durley Brook Road, Durley. GRANTED.
18/02185/FUL. Mr and Mrs Beazley. Proposed Additional dwelling using existing access with retention of existing dwelling using existing separate access. Greenwood Farm, Greenwood Lane, Durley. WITHDRAWN.
- THERE BEING NO FURTHER BUSINESS THE CHAIRMAN DECLARED THE MEETING CLOSED AT