Durley Parish Council held its Monthly Parish Council Meeting on Tuesday 14th June, 2016 in the Ken Stainer Suite at Durley Memorial Hall. 4 Parish Councillors, the Clerk – Mrs Anne Collins, County/District Councillor Humby and 4 parishioners were present. In the absence of the Chairman the Vice Chairman Cllr Watts chaired the Meeting.

Apologies were received from Cllr Charles, Cllr Delmege, Cllr Farr, DC Mclean and DC Miller.

Cllr Pitter has drawn up a plan of the Play Area at the Sawmills showing the drainage system proposals. Councillors agreed that the Clerk would obtain quotes to have this area drained and then see how it works before draining the Green area.

Two quotes were received for the grass cutting and maintenance work at The Sawmills. Councillors agreed to ask Shawn Read to carry out the work for the year.

The Queen’s 90th Birthday celebrations in Durley went very well and Councillors were pleased that over 200 residents enjoyed the event. The weather could not have been better and it was great to see young and more senior residents enjoying an afternoon together. Councillors gave their thanks to all those who helped in various capacities to make it all happen and run so smoothly.

Cllr Burton is now almost ready for the new village website to be launched. A few final checks need to be made and then any amendments. Once this has been completed the new website will be launched.

The 30 mph new wheely bin stickers have arrived. These stickers did have an impact on drivers going through Durley on a Friday when the bins were put out and as some of the older ones have now faded new stickers will be offered to those residents along the main road through Durley. If more stickers are required then some more will be purchased. Cllr Delmege will deliver to residents in Durley Brook Road first.

CC/DC Humby gave a Report saying that DC Mclean and DC Miller will be attending Durley Parish Council Meetings, but most probably alternating with Bishops Waltham. CC Humby said that the Area Wide Traffic Survey will be starting in the Autumn and Durley will be the first village to be surveyed. It is hoped that the results of this Survey will help with addressing traffic issues, speeding and traffic calming. HCC have been looking at a new pot hole repair machine which is more effective than what is currently used. At the conclusion of his Report CC Humby updated Councillors on Devolution.

The Hampshire Air Ambulance clothes recycling bin at the Hall will not now be used for this Charity as they no longer wish to have the clothes. However, Councillors agreed that the recycling bin is well used and a facility in Durley that we would like to see stay. The recycling bin will now be used by the Hampshire First Responders. This organisation sends someone out when an ambulance is called to try and help the patient before the ambulance gets there.

Cllr Watts and Cllr Farr will be attending the next PACT Meeting which is on 30th June at 7.00 p.m. in the Jubilee Hall, Bishops Waltham. Any parishioners are welcome to attend this Police Meeting.

Cllr Pitter will check the roads and lanes in Durley for pot holes and report them to HCC. Councillors were concerned that some pot holes have been reported and are marked ready for repair, but have still not beeen repaired after 5 weeks. The pay phone sign at the end of Church Lane, along Durley Brook Road has still not been removed by WCC despite several requests to remove it.

The Hall microphone has now been replaced and is now working. A Hall Meeting will be arranged when Cllr Charles is back from holiday.

Cllr Watts said that the guttering has been replaced on the Pavilion and that the veranda will be repaired during the summer months.

Anne Collins
Clerk to Durley Parish Council