Durley Parish Council held its Monthly Parish Council Meeting on Tuesday 8th November, 2016 in the Ken Stainer Suite at Durley Memorial Hall. 3 Parish Councillors, the Clerk – Mrs Anne Collins, District Councillor David Mclean and 2 parishioners were present.

Apologies were received from Cllr Burton, Cllr Delmege, County/District Councillor Humby and District Councillor Miller.

The Clerk informed Councillors that the drainage in The Sawmills Play Area will be carried out in 2 weeks’ time. The pipe under the road at Beech Corner has been prioritised by HCC Highways. Councillors are hoping that the work will be done before the winter weather sets in.

More fly-tipping in various areas of Durley has been reported over the past month. Clerk reminded members that any fly-tipping can be reported via the on-line service on the Winchester City Council website.

Cllr Watts reported on the Bishops Waltham Bridleway Project, but there were no issues that affect Durley.

Cllr Charles and the Clerk attended the Southern Parishes Meeting in Bishops Waltham and were introduced to the new Community Support Officer who works for Bishops Waltham and Swanmore Parish Councils. The major part of the Meeting was spent asking questions to Keith House from Eastleigh Borough Council about the housing proposals. He also talked about the proposed Botley By-pass.

A Report was given from the Parish Plan Team. The Good Neighbours Group is now re-vamped and led by Trevor Richardson. There are 9 Committee Members and 18 drivers. Many residents have offered their help. The Village Website is now up and running. A Public Meeting will be arranged in January, 2017 to see how many residents would be willing to help with a Village Carnival. New ideas will be welcome. A decision will then be made as to whether we will be able to hold a Village Carnival in 2017. The Team is also looking at Village gateway signs for the village.

Parish Councillors are still pursuing the double lines outside of Beech Corner Garage to stop vehicles from parking on the staggered junction. Drivers have difficulty getting out of Stapleford Lane and Church Lane as they do not have visibility when cars are parked in the road.

District Councillor Mclean reported on development in the area and the impact that it would have on traffic through Durley.

2 residents attended the Meeting to ask about the re-planting of trees in Church Copse, Greenwood Lane and to report on some more fly-tipping in Church Lane/Durley Road.

Clerk read out a resignation letter from Councillor Burton stating that he is no longer able to continue due to work and personal commitments. Councillors were sad that Cllr Burton has to resign although they fully understand his reasons. Cllr Burton instigated the Village Website and will be greatly missed by Councillors. Clerk will be putting up Notices advertising for a new Parish Councillor shortly.

Damage to windows, vehicles and the village noticeboard in Gregory Lane were reported. Garden furniture was also stolen from a property in Durley Street. Residents are asked to keep vigilent for any unusual activity.

Cllr Pitter said that there are still some pot holes which are marked which need to be repaired. HCC are aware of the exposed telephone cable in Mincingfield Lane and the erosion of the road edges.

The Internal Audit Report was satisfactory.

Some new Christmas decorations have been purchased for the Memorial Hall. Clerk reported that the decorations need to be taken down before the Seniors Party in 2017. Cllr Charles, Cllr Pitter and the Clerk will meet with the Tiler to discuss the laying of the new tiles in the Hall foyer.

Cllr Watts reported that the hedges around the Recreation Ground have now been cut.

Anne Collins
Clerk to Durley Parish Council