Durley Parish Council held its Monthly Parish Council Meeting on Tuesday 9th January, 2018 in the Ken Stainer Suite at Durley Memorial Hall. 7 Parish Councillors, the Clerk – Mrs Anne Collins and District Councillor Mclean were present.

Apologies were received from County Councillor Humby and District Councillor Miller.

Cllr Charles (Chairman) welcomed Cllr Karen Clegg to the Parish Council and the Declaration of Office, Code of Conduct and Register of Interests Form were duly signed.

The long awaited double yellow lines at Beech Corner and at the Manor Road/Wintershill junction have now been approved by the Portfolio Holder at WCC this will now be in the hands of WCC to install the lines. Councillors were pleased that this safety issue which has been going on for many years is now near completion.

Cllr Delmege informed Parish Councillors that he is going to take photographs of suggested sites for installing posts for speed indicator signs, these will need to be sent to HCC for approval. Free use of a sign has been agreed and this will hopefully be used for a week starting on 27th January. Councillors are meeting with the School Governors on 10th January to discuss a proposed school crossing and flashing speed limit warning signs near to the School and it is hoped that both schemes will slow the traffic down going through Durley. The positioning of all the signs will be discussed so that the greatest benefit can be achieved.

The Clerk has been working through the Christmas period with the website provider to update the Parish Council website. It is now near completion and once Councillors have viewed the updates the new website will go live.

The Chairman and Clerk attended a Parishes Autumn Briefing on 13th December in Winchester. Councils were informed of the work carried out by Hampshire Highways and Skanska who now have the Highways Contract. There were many facts and figures produced within the Presentation.

DC Mclean gave a District Councillors Report and he said that the Traveller Site on land next to Berkeley Farm has not been recommended for inclusion in the Assessment for future sites within the Winchester District. As DC Mclean is Mayor this year he is willing to open any events held in Durley. The School will be asked if they have any prize giving presentations or any event they would like the Mayor to attend.

Clerk is attending a General Data Protection Regulation Update on 11th January and will report at the next Meeting on the new Regulations.

Councillors discussed the Public Consultation “Shaping the future of England’s Strategic Road” which was circulated. It was agreed that no specific comments would be made but it was felt that the Winnall junction should be done as soon as possible, the proposals were supported and should be implemented as soon as possible.

The Hampshire Flytipping Strategy was noted and Cllr Clegg reported that there is some fly tipping in Chancellors Lane which the Clerk will report.

CC Humby has responded to the Clerk saying that there are no proposals at the moment to close Wangfield Lane, but this will be reviewed when more homes are occupied, along with other proposals.

Cllr Watts reported that outbuildings, sheds and cars are the main source for thefts at the moment, more than dwellings. Residents should phone 101 if they see anything that they are concerned about and take vehicle registration numbers if they see suspicious vehicles.

A Highways Report was given by Cllr Pitter. He said that some pot holes have been reported and some over-hanging trees have been cut back. Vehicles parking on the pavement on the route where children walk to School is causing a safety concern so this will be reported. Eastleigh Borough Council will be asked to carry out a litter pick again from Beech Corner to Denhams Corner.

Cllr Smith reported that the Memorial seat has been installed outside of Durley Memorial Hall in memory of Pat Parker. The kitchen clearence has taken place and some additional crockery has been ordered as replacements for broken items. Cllr Charles gave Councillors a quote for the replacement of the Hall floor and he will get 2 further quotes. Once a decision is made then Grants will be applied for to help towards the cost.

The Community Payback Volunteers are doing a good job painting the inside and outside of the Pavilion, along with the play equipment at the Recreation Ground. The wet pour surfacing under the roundabout has been replaced at the Sawmills play area, but the roundabout is difficult to move so Playdale have been asked to come back and rectify the movement.

Anne Collins
Clerk to Durley Parish Council