Durley Parish Council held its Monthly Parish Council Meeting on Tuesday 10th January, 2017 in the Ken Stainer Suite at Durley Memorial Hall. 6 Parish Councillors, County/District Councillor Rob Humby, District Councillor David Mclean and the Clerk – Mrs Anne Collins, were present.

Apologies were received from Cllr Farr and District Councillor Miller.

Cllr Charles welcomed a newly appointed Parish Councillor to her first Meeting. Cllr Vivien Bartlett was successful in securing this position and was introduced to other members of the Council. Councillors were pleased that there were 3 candidates who put their names forward to be considered for the vacancy left by Andy Burton. The Clerk has informed the 2 unsuccessful applicants.

Unfortunately the drainage in The Sawmills Play Area was not completed before the end of 2016 due to unforseen circumstances. If the weather is acceptable then work will commence on 16th January. The Play Area will be closed whilst work is underway.

The ditches will be checked in Stapleford Lane to see that they are working correctly. The pipe under the main road will be installed before the end of this financial year. CC Humby has asked for this work to be prioritised.

Councillors were pleased that a fly tipping prosecution has been successful for rubbish that was dumped in Netherhill, Durley. Clerk still reports regularly on fly tipping in Durley to WCC.

Progress has been made on getting double yellow lines put on the road outside of Beech Corner Garage on the junction and at the end of Manor Road to stop vehicles from parking on these junctions. We have been informed that Durley has been put on the Traffic Regulation Programme for 2017-18.

CC Humby gave a report informing Councillors that he has been involved in the County’s Budget setting for the forthcoming years. He said that savings need to be made and it is not possible to cut some services any more than they already have been cut, so alternative ways of raising funds are needed. The Rural Forum is working well and CC Humby has been in contact with Glen Peacy regarding the rural broadband services. A Meeting was held with Kirstie Baines at Durley Primary School to discuss how the new parking arrangements are working. Phase 1 is now completed, but Phase 2 still has work to be carried out.

The District Councillors Report was given by DC Mclean. He said that he had attended a Budget Briefing to discuss the budgets for the future at WCC. This year they have broken even, but in future years there will be a deficit and savings will need to be made, or income generated. There has been a new Chief Executive appointed and DC Mclean has asked if she will come to visit BW and Durley along with other Parish Councils to see how the parishes work.

The footpaths which need to be put on the Priority Cutting List for 2017 are required and Cllr Delmege along with the Parish Lengthsman and Clerk will put in a request to HCC.

There is an offer for a further textile bin to be sited next to the existing textile bin, which Councillors discussed. It was agreed that the present bin is well used so a further one will be installed. The new bin will be for Breast Cancer Charity and a donation will be made to the Memorial Hall.

Cllr Watts gave a Neighbourhood Watch Report and gave Councillors information on the latest scams to hit the internet. Some of these will be put onto the village website for information to residents.

Cllr Pitter said that most of the pot holes in Durley have now been repaired, but there are many roadside edges which need reinstating. He will take photographs of the verges and send a report to HCC for action to be taken.

The Hall foyer and kitchen floor re-tiling will commence on Monday 16th January and will hopefully take about 10 days to complete. Hall hirers have been informed that there might be some disruption whilst their bookings are in operation.

Cllr Watts reported that everything is running satisfactory at the Recreation Ground apart from the litter which is being dropped in the Ground and Car Park. Bin bags full of rubbish are being put into the general bin in the car park which then cannot be used for Recreation Ground use as it is full up. This is a concern as the Parish Council pays for this bin and then it is not able to be used for who it was intended.

Clerk informed Councillors that she has just received a Planning Application for a 4 pitch gypsy and traveller caravan site in Durley Street. As there is a lot of interest in this Application a Public Meeting has been arranged for Thursday 19th January, 2017 at 7.30 p.m. in Durley Memorial Hall.

Anne Collins
Clerk to Durley Parish Council